Training Resources Available for All Counselors
Training is available via Oregon Tax Volunteer developed Moodle, Tax-Aide/NTTC, Link & Learn, and TaxSlayer. We highlight Moodle & Tax-Aide/NTTC on this website. Each district is free to develop their own in-person training in conjunction with these resources or in place of it.
Federal Training Resources
- Pub 5325 Filing Season Training
- Pub 5358 VITA/TCE Training & Site Materials
- Intake/Interview and Quality Review Training (IRS 5101)
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct and Ethics Training (IRS Pub 4961)
- IRS VITA/TCE 4491 Training Guide
- IRS VITA/TCE 4491-X Training Supplement
- IRS VITA/TCE 4012 (TaxAide version here)
Certification Tests for DC, LC, and Counselors
Certification Requirements for All Volunteers
All tests must be completed on Link and Learn . Volunteer Agreements (form 13615) are signed and downloaded from Link and Learn. Link and Learn due to be updaed on 11/15/22.
|Stds of Conduct||Intake Interview & QR||Advanced Tax Law||Military||International|
|Counselors & QR||Required||Required||Required||Optional||Optional|